Swain Trusts & Estates frequently represents clients and their family offices in order to provide estate planning, tax and business legal advice. Our experience with high net worth clients allows us to provide a full array of services designed to complement your family office operations. We provide personal legal advice aimed at helping you achieve your family’s long and short term goals – both personally and professionally. We can advise you on a variety of endeavors undertaken by your family office, including philanthropic goals and oversight of private foundations.
The Swain Trusts & Estate team can provide advice on the following relevant areas:
- Setting up a family office, including advice on structure, family governance, organizational documents and proper planning in order to permit deductibility of family office expenses (the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act of 2017 suspended rules that had allowed for the deduction of expenses associated with investment expenses)
- The professionals in our office frequently develop multigenerational estate plans and use estate planning techniques to maximize wealth transfer between generations and minimize estate tax liabilities
- We work closely with the family’s accountants and wealth advisors to develop investment and business activities to provide income tax advice and planning services
- As an Oklahoma law firm, we can advise on the family’s oil and gas holdings, including transfers or sales and leases
- Through Swain Trust & Estates professionals and our association with Swain Law Group, we can provide family law services such as preparing prenuptial agreements and handling high net worth divorces and custody cases
- Draft documents and provide advice and representation for transactional work including mergers and acquisitions and real estate transactions